Friday 22 August 2014

Anomalies and Abnormalities!

The 20 week scan is a few hours away. 12 weeks since we found out "we" were pregnant. That's 3 months! Three months of sobriety (aside from a few friendly drinks with the family and some close friends - NONE for the Mrs I might add). Three months of coming to terms that this is actually happening!

At this point I feel like I have reached the eye of the storm. The baby tornado that has swept through our lives seems to have settled for the time being. I guess this is the natural progression. Coming to terms with it ourselves, settling into our new lifestyle. The initial excitement of friends and family settling down and the build up to D-Day!...I guess...


Calm


Now we already know it's a boy.  I paid for a private scan on the 16 week mark.  Well worth it! £40 for peace of mind that everything is going well is a small amount to pay even if you don't want to know the sex.  we did, and finding out that "it" was a "he" was up there and possibly THE best day of my life so far.  I can't say my girlfriend shared 100% in my enthusiasm as she was holding out for a girl...and I suppose chanting "LADS LADS LADS" down the phone to my brother didn't help!

Anyway, now its only one hour to the scan. Nervous.  I've not really felt like this in any of the others.  All has been A-okay so far and I get some relief in that, but there is this niggling feeling in the back of my mind.  Thinking about it, I'm not sure it was the best idea to Google it.

ANOMALIES AND ABNORMALITIES 

Thats the only thing I saw.  Hundreds of words right there in front of me on my screen and they were the only three in focus.  So my only real advice on this topic is that if you are about to have your 20 week scan, DON'T BLOODY GOOGLE IT!  But you're already reading this, shit.  Sorry...It will be fine...

That's what I am telling myself right now.

I think it might be the parental instincts kicking in.  That protectiveness that I haven't really felt over anything else other than my PlayStation so far.  Obviously on a much greater scale I must add.   

Hopefully it is that primal instinct. Hopefully I have nothing to worry about.  We will see...

No comments:

Post a Comment